Masamune Concepts and Frog WIP

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Here are some basic sword silhouettes that started off being for Frog's Masamune but in the end I got some shapes for Chrono, Magus and Marle's weapons too (I've decided to give Marle some daggers for close-range fighting).
This is my first time designing weapons so I can't help but cringe at some of them but it's the same with everything, I guess. Gotta keep plodding along until it starts working. :)


The second silhouette from the left was later roughed out into 3 more designs:

By Sod's Law, the one I like most (far left) doesn't fit the character design! Instead it looks like the one on the far right would be worth developing.....maybe with bits of the middle one chucked in.

Last but not least, a progress shot of Frog so far. I automatically painted him green but may play around with other colours/patterns too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Twitter Feed

Like us on Facebook

Online Store

Buy prints, phone cases and more via my Society6 Store!

Once a year, I create
Chinese New Year greeting cards and sell them on eBay. Keep your eyes peeled for 2017's edition. ;)