Total War: Shogun 2, Fall Of The Samurai

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Recently, The Creative Assembly published an art book, containing loads of concept art and illustrations from the games to date. Some of the work I did is featured but unfortunately, they didn't credit me. :( So if anyone's curious, here are photos of some of the illustrations I produced during my three months there:

* Link to Amazon *

Top left image was animated for the opening sequence.
Bottom image was animated for the opening sequence.
Top right image by Roland MacDonald.
Top right image by Roland MacDonald.

.....I'd completely forgotten about so many of these! I worked in-house during my contract and blitzed through quite a few illos to meet the deadline. The brief was to create Japanese block-printing-style images with a modern twist and the AD was really pleased with the results (phew~).

I had a blast working there and was pretty sad to leave, but I'd been offered a permanent job at NaturalMotion Games Ltd. a month before my contract ended, so I left (2011). Breaking into the industry was super tough, but I couldn't have asked for a cooler first job. :) Many thanks to Kevin McDowell for giving me that chance, and to all the staff at the time for being so lovely.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Twitter Feed

Like us on Facebook

Online Store

Buy prints, phone cases and more via my Society6 Store!

Once a year, I create
Chinese New Year greeting cards and sell them on eBay. Keep your eyes peeled for 2017's edition. ;)