Oxford Fashion Week, March 2014

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hello~

First off: I've redesigned my website!


It's pure html, thanks to a good buddy of mine (he basically threw code at me to apply to the site since my knowledge of html is limited). It's dynamically designed, so it re-structures itself depending on the device used.....super fast too, due to clean code and compressed images, which I'm really happy with. I recently finished a gaming contract, so I'll be spending some time creating new portfolios for both concept art and fashion side of my career(s?). I have ideas lined up already and can't wait to get started! Although I need to do the tedious (but so very necessary) task of studio/digital spring cleaning before this happens, haha. Next week will be painful but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Also got some new business cards printed for the fashiony crowd:



As mentioned before, I'm interested in breaking into Fashion Illustration this year, so I attended two events at OFW (Concept and Couture shows). It was a really exciting week, as I'd been spotted by one of the directors via Twitter, of whom I met after the Concept Show, and days later they posted my sketches on their official Facebook Page. :D

The sketches at the time were very rough (models are moving targets afterall!), so I worked into them at home using photos I'd taken as reference.

Concept Show:






....and one page from the Couture Show (it was too dark to do much here):


I happened to have sat next to one of the designers and their friends during the show and tagged along to the After Party, where I met some of the models/designers/organisers, made new friends and generally quaffed champagne whilst having my picture taken. xD I think I might be featured in The Tab Oxford for Best Dress, but they haven't caught up with blogging about the shows yet.
It was a really fun experience and I look forward to attending more shows throughout the year. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Twitter Feed

Like us on Facebook

Online Store

Buy prints, phone cases and more via my Society6 Store!

Once a year, I create
Chinese New Year greeting cards and sell them on eBay. Keep your eyes peeled for 2017's edition. ;)